Day 8 – Spectating – International Trip 2019

August 15, 2019

Today we spent the day watching world individuals. We got to see some amazing riding from a variety of countries. The team helped with arena party for our USA friends Joe, Kaja, and Jaycee and we also cheered on our Canadian friends Lily and Jesse.

We made a new friend who is also moving over to the Next Generation Championships tomorrow to compete! She has even kindly offered us the use of one of their ponies, Charlie.






Our new friend Poppy rode her final and then let us hop on her pony Charlie for a few minutes to get a feel. Mikayla and Abby R took turns and both found him lovely.

We are getting more and more excited for our competition this weekend!

Tonight Abby R and Jesse made dinner, Chicken nuggets and salad.

We finished the day up with a stroll on the cross country course and some social time.

Tomorrow we move over to our competition! That’s when the real excitement begins!

Day 7 – On the Road Again – International Trip 2019

August 14, 2019

Today was another day of travel. This time back to England and to World Individuals. We have a couple friends riding that we want to cheer on and a few other friends we are excited to see.

We arrived around 430 to a nice muddy field and met up with Amy and Garrin.

We also met up with our USA friends and chatted with Patti, Wendi, Bonnie and Todd while Kaja, Jaycee, and Joe had a practice on their ponies.

Mikayla was team chef and made us all some pasta for dinner.

Followed by Abby F making everyone hot chocolate.

Then we goofed around and did a little dancing. You can’t quite tell but it’s Abby R, Jesse, and Amy.

We all laughed until pretty late before deciding to get some sleep.

Interesting note – Abby R is our team engineer and is taking care of all the camper needs. She’s been a real champ. We have dubbed her “team dad”.

Everyone is doing an excellent job pulling their weight, doing chores, cleaning up after their own self and each other, and being fun and considerate.

And tomorrow, our adventure continues.

Day 6 – Northern Wales – International Trip 2019

August 13, 2019

We woke up in gorgeous northern Wales today. It was our first night’s sleep in the caravan and I was surprised at how comfortable it was, compared to previous caravans. although the seating for hanging out and eating sort of sucks.

We started the day with some breakfast.

And then we went for a walk on the beach. There were giant jellyfish all over the beach. Super cool

Next we did some regrouping, prepped for laundry, ate lunch, and stopped by the campground playground.

This campground is lovely. Really comfortable and pretty. And beach sounds. Oh and the drinking water tastes amazing. It’s the small things.

Carly took the team on a walk along the beach to a cute stone town and spent the afternoon exploring.

Then back for showers, sorting clean laundry, dinner and a movie before bed as an evening shower rolled in.

Day 5 – Going to Wales – International Trip 2019

August 12, 2019

Today was a moving day.

After an amazing nights sleep and a killer breakfast at the Jury Inn, we headed out.

We drove north to Manchester, dropped off the van and picked up the caravan. Then we hit Tesco for groceries and supplies before driving to the coast of Northern Wales. It did start to rain about one minute after we crossed into Wales from England.

After a few hours of tedious driving (narrow roads, hedges, wide caravan, twists, cars parked practically in the road) we arrived at our camp ground just before dark. The staff that met us were so friendly and helpful and helped us get parked and plugged in with lots of laughs and smiles.

We rearranged our baggage, set up our beds, and had some dinner with lots of chatting and laughing before we decided to call it for the day. Tomorrow we shall adventure!

Ps. There is basically no phone service here so this will post when we get better service.

Day 5 – Stonehenge – International Trip 2019

August 11, 2019

Today was mainly a travel day but we still had some adventures along the way.

We left London, picked up a rental van, and drove away from the city and to Stonehenge! You can’t be so close to one of the Wonders of the World without swinging by to check it off your bucket list!

We spent a while there exploring all of the educational displays and looking at the big old rocks.

The weather was great, cool and breezy but with sun. We had a few rain spits during the day but the actual rain held off until the later afternoon when we just had to drive.

We had planned to go to Wadswick tack store after Stonehenge but we ran out of time and will have to fit it into a later part of the trip. Instead, when we finished at Stonehenge we headed to the hotel. Yep, we get to stay in an actual hotel for a night! We are super pleased with how nice it is since we got such an amazing price on it. And the best part, it has an indoor pool.

We got in a swim and hot tub sit and then grabbed dinner before bed.

Tomorrow is another big day of travel. We are off to drop off the van and pick up our camper and then head to Snowdonia in northern Wales! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

%d bloggers like this: